WHAT IS AROMATHERAPY?
Helath & Wellbeing
Aromatherapy is the practice of using natural essential oils extracted from flowers, roots, bark, stems, leaves, and other plant parts to influence the mind, body and spirit thus improving general wellbeing and balance. These essential oils are then used not only in massage but blended in inhalations for colds and flus, concentration, sleep; in creams, gels and oils for skin issues such as psoriasis and acne; to create beautiful stretch mark blends during pregnancy and in a vast range of other applications for various emotional and physical conditions including: detoxification; improving skin tone, muscular tightness, aches and pains; circulation and the lymphatic system; boosting the immune system; headaches, sinusitis, bronchitis; women's health problems; stress, anxiety, mild depression, aged care, and improving general well being. Therapeutic properties of essential oils are nearly as abundant as essential oils are diverse. They can be analgesic, anti inflammatory, cicatrisant, anti-allergenic, immuno-stimulant, anti-spasmodic, digestives, stomachics, hepatics.... Due to their strong therapeutic properties and complex chemical constituents, it is essential to seek guidance from a trained aromatherapist to receive appropriate care. A Clinical Aromatherapist has that training, and is able to identify, blend and appropriately use the correct oils for the correct conditions.
What Can Aromatherapy Treat?
Aromatherapy is used to treat and assist many conditions. These include but are not limited to the following:
Musculoskeletal issues such as: arthritis, general aches and pains, muscle tightness, RSI, backaches, bruises, bunions, bursitis, cramps, gout, sciatica, fibromyalgia, ankylosing spondylitis.
Respiratory Issues such as: asthma, colds, flus, bronchitis, sinusitis, catarrh, tonsillitis.
Skin Issues such as: heat rash, eczema, psoriasis, acne, dry/oily skin, dandruff, folliculitis, pseudofolliculitis barbae (shaving rash), boils and carbuncles, sunburn.
Menstrual Issues such as: heavy, painful, intermittent periods, PMS, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, menorrhagia, endometriosis, menopause
Cardiovascular issues such as oedma, chilblains, varicose veins. cold hands and feet
Digestive Issues such as: poor appetite, IBS, colitis, constipation, indigestion, flatulence
Mental, Emotional and other issues such as: migraines, headaches, concentration, tiredness, mental fatigue, poor sleep, depression, stress, generalised anxiety, grief, mood swings, low libido, poor memory, low energy, insomnia, palliative care - pain, stress, grief
For more information on aromatherapy in australia, visit the IAAMA.
What Does An Aromatherapy Treatment Include?
An aromatherapy treatment can be provided in numerous ways:
1) Aromatherapy consultation, treatment and bespoke products – These include inhalations, face and body creams, body washes, cleansers, oils, ointments, and other essential oil based natural products that can be uniquely blended based on your detailed consultation or try one of our expertly blended aromatherapy products already made and ready to use. From bath salts, organic sugar scrubs, body butters and cosmeceuticals for mature, dry, oily and acne skin types. Test our products in store or ask for one of our samples!
2) Full Body Aromatherapy Massage – A traditional aromatherapy massage, this is an indulgent choice to pamper the body and mind: calming nerves, stimulating energy flow, relieving muscle and nervous tension, easing joint pain, assisting emotional and mental health issues, eliminating toxins and building healthy tissue. It is a specific form of massage combining Swedish massage, lymphatic drainage, reflexology and polarity balancing, using essential oils derived from your consultation. Usually a 1 hour treatment, aromatherapy massage can be provided with or without a take home product.
3) Swedish or Relaxation Massage – can be provided with or without custom blended essential oils. 30 minute (back, neck and shoulder or other specified muscle group such as feet and legs), 45 minute (1/2 body), 60 minute (3/4 body), and 90 minute full body treatments are available. Swedish massage techniques include effleurage, petrissage and tapotement.
4) Pregnancy Massage - can be provided with or without custom blended essential oils. Based on the Pregnancy Massage Australia form, 60, 75 and 90 minute massages are available.
5) Hand and Foot Massage - A 30 minute treatment including foot soak, essential oil inhalation, and foot & hand massage using essential oils and natural extracts. This is a great treatment for the elderly and those who do not or are unable to get on a massage table. A truly healing experience that leaves the hands and feet soft and supple.
6) Aromatica Energetice Healing - Bathe your feet in an aromatic Himalayan salt soak, close your eyes and inhale... intuit your essential blend from our synergistic fusions that harness the esoteric and energetic healing properties of essential oils to promote healing, treating ailments such as: poor concentration, low energy, self esteem, anxiety, overthinking, indecision, nervous tension, anger and depression. Your personal oil selection is then used in a traditional 1 hour aromatherapy massage that combines Swedish, lymphatic drainage, reflexology, shiatsu and polarity balancing techniques and provided in a 10ml aromatherapy product further enhanced with the energy of crystals for you to take home and continue the healing process.
7) Spa Services - Such as custom blended aromatherapy and French clay facials, body scrubs and French clay wraps. We have some beautiful aromatherapy spa packages at great prices.
8) Botanical Skin Care - We have an ever increasing range of botanical skin care made on the premises. Using a wide array of the finest natural and naturally derived ingredients such as Marine Collegen, Vitamin C Serum, Q10 Complex oil, Cucumber and Aloe Vera extracts, these botanicals are expertly blended with our essences and oils to product rich nourishing skin care.
What Is An Aromatherapy Massage?
Aromatherapy massage is not “just a massage using essential oils”, based on the Micheline Arcier form, an authentic aromatherapy massage draws on many natural therapy techniques which influence the autonomic nervous system, whilst offering an indulgent, relaxing massage, combining the powerful effects of essential oils with our sense of smell and the hands healing energy.
A traditional aromatherapy massage is generally a 1 hour treatment that includes the use of Swedish massage to loosen tight muscles and blocked tissues; targets the nervous system; assists with lymphatic drainage, aiding the body's capacity for detoxification; uses polarity therapy to rebalance the body; and shiatsu to work on energy flow and pressure points.
Each massage includes neck, shoulders, back, legs (front and back), feet, stomach, upper arms and a beautiful face massage.
Aromatherapy massage is the most effective way of deriving benefit from the essential oils. Throughout the massage, the oils deeply penetrate the skins structure, moisturising it, stimulating new cell production whilst the aromas stimulate our brain which control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory and stress reactions, thus working on a psychological level.